We’ve compiled a list of the top 15 things you can easily start today.
1. Change your passwords
- Make each one uniquely different
- 8+ characters with a symbol, number, lowercase letter and capital letter.
2. Schedule when to change your passwords
- Make it a regular habit
3. Use secure password managers
- Google Password Manager is a simple one
4. Get suspicious of email senders
- Don’t trust the ‘FROM:’ in an email
- It’s better to call and check if you’re concerned
5. Double check everything
- Especially if someone asks for your credentials, financial information or personal information
- Call that person to confirm it isn’t spoofing
6. Turn off automatic HTTP redirects
7. Don’t ‘Sign in’ to your social media sites from random websites
- The site may be recording your username and password
8. Check links before you click
- Hold your cursor over a link it will typically tell you where the link goes
9. Keep your computer software updated
10. Be wary of who’s calling you about a computer issue
- Most of these are scams —don’t let them onto your computer
11. Ensure your browser is using the newest version
12. Use CTRL+ALT+DEL
- If a scammy pop-up announces you have a virus, don’t click anything
- Hit CTRL+ALT+DEL to close out the browser
13. Install programs like Adblocker
- They prevent or mitigate dangerous pop-ups from the web
14. Avoid public hotspots whenever possible
- Never allow ‘auto-connect
- They can guide you through everything
- You can focus on your business while they protect you
iVenture Solutions is an award-winning managed service provider delivering superior IT solutions to clients across Florida.
As a leading-edge IT firm for small and medium-sized businesses, we provide a diverse range of services covering the entire scope of IT including maintenance, support, hosting and more.
Through rapid response time, reduction of chaos and the right people, our expert team of IT professionals will fulfill your technology needs. At iVenture, we give you more time to do what matters most.